Sunday, March 11, 2012

Prayers For Rain

I'm young.  But the soles of these shoes are worn deep.  Holes that cradle memories and experiences that were good enough to keep.  I'm tired from all this walking, just dragging my feet, hoping I might someday get There.  I'm just going to rest my eyes, then I'll keep going.  And while I sleep, I dream. . .  It's almost time to stop walking, Forever.  Such a word can describe many things.  Like the birds in the sky, and the sunshine of warm summer days.  And You.  Your beautiful smile, your mesmerizing ways.  No matter the time, no matter the place, or even the day.  You toss me about in a wonderful haze.  An unseen breeze.  Just enough to ruffle the leaves.  A drizzle of Rain.  Seeks to cleanse dirt out of old wounds and wash away the pain.  The storm clears and we have learned to dance.  Now we must wait, and leave things to chance.  The smell of crisp, cool earth clears my thoughts.  Life is vibrant, and I can finally see again.  You smell like the rain, sweet as lemon drops.  I look your way, you smile, and I can feel Time as it stops.  I know you have to go but I want you to stay.  The door Closes, and my heart begins to gray.  You leave the scent of a dozen Roses.  Reminding me of a better time, a better place.  Far away, and as abstract as space.  Empty and vast.  That's the Hole you left me.  No good thing can last.  I'm bound in chains and can't break free.  So I fall to my knees.  And issue to God my silent plea's.  All I ask, is to be in a different time, a different place.  A better place to ease the pain.  Please God.  All I'm asking for is Rain.

1 comment:

  1. I'm tired from all this walking, just dragging my feet, hoping I might someday get There.


    I dont know if you meant to capitalize the T in there...but it really stuck out to me. We capitlaize things that are of importance and although we dont know where "there" really is...we know its where we want to end up.

    ReplyDelete