Saturday, March 10, 2012

Comatose

We're in this together now, you and I.  So take my hand, and away we'll fly.  We'll get away from these crowded streets, the sounds, the lights.  We'll get away from the shuffling feet, lost and directionless.  And we'll go to a place where our toes can feel the cool earth of a New path.  We'll go to a peaceful place, a happy place.  I'll take you there.  Trust me, I will.  We'll fly above pristine mountain tops, where the ground is pure and streams flow, sweet as lemon drops.  We'll float together on the cool breeze, and bask in the sunlight of clear blue skies.  Believe me, please.  I'm not leading you on or telling you lies.  We'll get above it all and finally See, without shading our eyes.  We'll discover together.  We'll find all the good this world has to offer.  All you have to do is take my hand.  And we'll be inseparable, like two birds of a feather.  I'll take you to all the places you've never been.  I'll grasp your hand and never let you go.  We'll see all there is to be seen, and more.  And when you wake, and wipe the sleep from your eyes.  You'll snuggle deep into your covers.  And you'll Remember, a better place of pristine mountain tops and clear blue skies.

1 comment: