Tuesday, February 7, 2012

LOVE?

Love is something that happens in the blink of an eye.  It happens when you least expect it, and completely blows you away.  It has the has the power to tear you apart, or make you strive to be the best person you can be.  It empowers and destroys in seconds, yet can take a lifetime to find.  Love is completely unique to every individual, yet works in the same mysterious ways.  Everyone wonders what love is, philosophers have tried to define it and have ultimately failed, every time.  I think anyone can describe what it does and doesn't do.  But no individual knows what Love IS.  The only thing I can compare it to that fully describes it, is something that I can't fully describe.  Music.  Music is something that can evoke any emotion.  Music isn't bound by language, culture, race.  It's something truly divine that anyone and everyone can understand and enjoy.  It is one of those instinctual things that has been there ever since we can remember.  It's something we have all experienced and enjoy.  Love is what gives Life a purpose.  It gives Life a destination.  And although I'm not a very religious person, I can say these words in confidence.  Love is one of the few unshakable gifts given to mankind by God.

6 comments:

  1. I enjoyed how you chose music to describe love.... So true

    ReplyDelete
  2. True true, music holds the world together

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really really good.

    I also share a love for music...
    A music for love?

    Love=Music.

    I don't even know. You should write about it more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is truly amazing. Right from the beginning you had me hooked. I really connected with your thoughts - Great Job. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the last part there about love being an unshakable gift from god. I like that a lot.

    Also... Your Blog Title made me think of Left 4 Dead 2. I'd rather not explain. But I think it's cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. S.C.A.V.A my good friend. Whatever love is you just found it. I still stand by my philosophy that love can be explained but never defined. But I'm pretty sure thats the closest I have ever heard anyone get to explaining it. "Music isn't bound by language, culture, race." you would have to be dead to not have that move you. Thank you for that post that was awesome

    ReplyDelete