Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Fracture

All my life I have been building myself up on a skyscraper.  I was up there!  UP.  With the birds around me, and the clouds surrounding.  The sun so blindingly close, yet too far to grasp.  I was up.  Up so high, the pages in these Stories were taunting paper cuts.  I'm afraid of heights, so why am I up here?  A foolish question to ask myself.  But I guess only a Fool could have noticed something as unique as You.  It was like any other day occupying my high rise, observing Life as it usually comes to me, when you hit me like an earthquake.  You shook my lifelong refuge to its very foundation.  My once steady perch dissolved to dust in a matter of seconds, and I felt my heart heave as I plunged through Nothingness.  It was like chugging a six pack of Red Bull.  My feet lost ground and I flew for the first time of my life!  I felt the soft caress of Music in my soul, playing like the kings symphony. . .  As I sank into uncertain Oblivion I began to wonder, how long will I fall before you catch me?  Is this all just a dream, or has reality hit the wall?  I can't say.  All  I know is, I continue to Fall. . . that's it.  The rest is just a Fading stain on my memory. Life is like a mirage, so surreal, is it Fake or is it Real?  I'm a thirsty, weary man from building this now shattered reality.  Are You my water, my salvation?  Or my doomed, never ending destination?  This cloud cover leaves me, my last refuge.  The time for Question is over. . . I've fallen too far.  Now the ground is prominent, like a Scar.  WHY?  Why am I still falling?  The Birds whisper fleeting answers. 
Y  o  u   h  a  v  e   b  e  e  n   U  s  e  d. . . 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god. That's amazing./ I love it. I can see everything you are describing and can feel your emotion and your pain. Great Job <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god. That's amazing./ I love it. I can see everything you are describing and can feel your emotion and your pain. Great Job <3

    ReplyDelete